Wishlist Member vs. Digital Access Pass – Full Comparison
March 24, 2015 8 Comments
In this post we give you a full comparison between Wishlist Member and Digital Access Pass to help you determine which plugin is the most suitable for you.
You can also navigate through the different options using the quick navigation links below to get to the features important to you:
Table of Contents
Core Membership Features
Both Wishlist Member (WLM) and Digital Access Pass (DAP) offer many important membership features, including:
- Creating unlimited number of membership levels
- Advanced members management interface, including: having the ability to search for specific users, edit their registration date, edit their membership levels etc.
- Set the subscription length for membership levels
- Ability to customize the after login page
- Import and export members through a CSV file
- Allow social login (With Wishlist Member you can also add a social login feature and allow members to login through their Facebook and Google Plus using WLM Social)
- Selling multiple products and create bundles – With Digital Access Pass this option is built-in, with Wishlist Member you can also create simple bundles and more complex bundles with Wishlist Bundles plugin
Both Wishlist Member (WLM) and Digital Access Pass (DAP) allow you to set important protection settings, including:
- Create unlimited number of both free and paid membership levels
- Secure your RSS feed and protect them so that only members will have the ability to access them from their favorite RSS reader. Each members has his own “secret key” that will be used to generate the unique RSS Feed URL for each member. When a member cancels his subscription he will no longer have access to the content.
- Allow partial / total content protection that can be seen from within the members’ area only
- Allow “teaser” content (“sneak peek” content) to display a summary of the protected content or “teaser” content to non-members. This summary is also important for Google’s crawlers as this content can also be scanned by Google.
- Allow content dripping (also: sequential content delivery) to drip your content to members little-by-litte over time, for example: every 7 days. This is especially great if you want to create online courses and you want to release modules every x number of days. Can be done in Wishlist using Wishlist Content Scheduler plugin (paid). More advanced options to manage your content such as archiving it after X number of days etc. can be done with Wishlist Content Archiver and Wishlist Content Control.
- Sell posts individually using the pay-per-post feature.
Wishlist Member allows you to set trial periods, upsells and one-time offers depending on the payment gateway you are using, for example: Wishlist supports ClickBank’s Pitch Plus and Stripe upsells.
You can generate discount coupons using Wishlist Coupon 2.0 plugin that will also allow you to sell unlimited number of coupons and define different settings and limitations to the coupons.
Digital Access Pass allows you to set one-time offers (OTO), 1-Click upsells, 2-Click upsells when using PayPal Standard (in the premium membership), downsells and cross-sells and it allows you to generate unlimited coupons. These features are built-in within DAP.
Shopping Carts Integration
Wishlist Member plugin fully integrates with the following shopping carts:
- PayPal Standard
- PayPal Pro
- Premium Web Cart
- Pin Payments
- Red Oak Cart
- Sam Cart
- Ultra Cart
Another important feature you can achieve with Wishlist Member is allowing automatic registration using a 3rd-party plugin developed by our company HappyPlugins called Wishlist Auto Registration.
Digital Access Pass fully integrates with the following shopping carts:
- 1SiteAutomation (1ShoppingCart and all private labels)
- ClickBank for both Subscription Products and One-Time Products (uses their “Instant Notification Service” (INS) for Instant Downloads as well as for Recurring Billing
- ClickBank PitchPlus (1-Click Upsells)
- Google Checkout
- Ontraport (prev. Office Auto Pilot)
- Paypal Standard
- Paypal Sandbox
- Paypal Website Payments Pro (legacy)
- Paypal Express Checkout
- Premium Web Cart
- Warrior Plus (WSO PRO)
- WP eStore storefront plugin
Wishlist Member is fully integrated with the following autoresponder services, including:
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
- Inspire Email Marketer
- AutoResponse Plus
- Active Campaign
DAP is fully integrated with:
- 1ShoppingCart’s autoresponder
Affiliate Platforms Integration
Wishlist Member integrates with the most popular affiliate platforms, including:
- Affiliate Royale
Digital Access Pass has a built-in affiliate module with many advanced features such as: lifetime commissions, 2-tier commissions, affiliate tracking and more.
The affiliate module is available in all the plans of DAP membership plugin.
Get a full comparison of the most popular affiliate plugins for WordPress in this link
Wishlist Member integrates with the following forums:
- Vanilla Forums
- bbPress – possible using Wishlist bbPress protection plugin
Wishlist integrates with SimplePress and Vanilla forums. You can read more about the forums that integrate with Wishlist in our Wishlist Member Tips Series – Tip #18: Which Forums Integrate with Wishlist Member? (you need to be logged-in to the site to read the tip).
Digital Access Pass integrates with all WordPress based forum plugins, including:
- And more
Wishlist Member offers 2 plans: single license ($97) and unlimited licenses ($297), both include support and access to documentation and video tutorials.
You can also get access to premium content, the members’ forum, bonus materials, mini courses and more by registering to Wishlist’s online community – Wishlist Insider at $20 / month.
DAP offers 3 one-time plans ($167 / $297 / $497) and 1 monthly plan ($39.99). The monthly plan includes all the features, and the one-time plans offer less features, but it really depends on the features you really need.
The Bottom Line
Both Wishlist Member and Digital Access Pass offer a decent amount of features, settings and integration.
The bottom line is that the best way to choose a membership plugin is to first make sure the plugin supports all the features and settings you need in order to build your membership site.
- Wishlist Member vs. Restrict Content Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MagicMembers
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberPress
- Wishlist Member vs. Paid Memberships Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberMouse
- Wishlist Member vs. s2Member
- Wishlist Member vs. WP-Member
- Popular Membership Plugins Comparison
- Wishlist Member Version 2.9 Review (Latest Version)
- Wishlist Member Official Site
- Digital Access Pass Official Site