Wishlist Member vs. MagicMembers – Full Comparison
March 22, 2015 5 Comments
In this post we give you a full comparison between Wishlist Member and MagicMembers to help you determine which plugin is the best for you.
You can also navigate through the different options using the quick navigation links below to get to the features important to you:
Table of Contents
Core Membership Features
Both Wishlist Member and MagicMembers allow important membership features, including:
- Create unlimited number of membership levels
- Manage your members, their status, registration date, membership levels, delete members etc.
- Create bundles and sell multiple membership levels in one purchase. With MagicMembers this option is built-in, with Wishlist Member you can also create simple bundles and more complex bundles with Wishlist Bundles plugin.
- Set the subscription length for each membership level
- Set the login redirection
- Export and import members’ profiles and information
With Wishlist Member you can also add a social login feature and allow members to login through their Facebook and Google Plus using WLM Social.
Both Wishlist Member and MagicMembers allow you to have different protection settings, including:
- Total content protection, so all the content is protected and cannot be accessed
- Display “teaser” content, so content above the “read more” tag will be seen by non-members
- Allow content dripping that will be released to members even X number of days you define. Can be done in Wishlist using Wishlist Content Scheduler plugin (paid). More advanced options to manage your content such as archiving it after X number of days etc. can be done with Wishlist Content Archiver and Wishlist Content Control.
- Create both free and paid membership levels
- Protect posts under the pay-per-post feature.Pay-per-view is available only in MagicMembers
- Secure your RSS feed which provides members the option to receive content through RSS feeds and still allow you to stay calm that non-members will not be able to access that content
If you want to have the option to offer discount coupons (highly recommended and can tremendously increase your sales and revenues), MagicMembers has a built-in feature for creating coupons (unlimited coupons).
With Wishlist Member you will need to purchase a separate plugin (Wishlist Coupon 2.0) that will also allow you to sell unlimited coupons and define different settings and limitations to the coupons.
Shopping Carts Integration
Wishlist Member plugin offers integrations with the following shopping carts:
- PayPal Standard
- PayPal Pro
- Premium Web Cart
- Pin Payments
- Red Oak Cart
- Sam Cart
- Ultra Cart
Another important feature you can achieve with Wishlist Member is allowing automatic registration using a 3rd-party plugin developed by our company HappyPlugins called Wishlist Auto Registration.
MagicMembers offers integrations with the following shopping carts:
- Payment Standard
- PayPal Website Payment Pro
- Manual Pay
Wishlist Member is fully integrated with the following autoresponder services, including:
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
- Inspire Email Marketer
- AutoResponse Plus
- Active Campaign
MagicMembers is fully integrated with:
- Constant Contact
Affiliate Platforms Integration
Wishlist Member integrates with the most popular affiliate platforms, including:
- Affiliate Royale
MagicMembers Integrates with:
- Magic Affiliate
- Post Affiliate Pro (Experimental)
Get a full comparison of the most popular affiliate plugins for WordPress in this link
WooCommerce – Only Wishlist Member (You can enhance your Wishlist Member WooCommerce integration using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus plugin)
Get a full comparison of the most popular eCommerce plugins for WordPress in this link
WPCourseware – Both plugins
Wishlist Member integrates with the following forums:
- Vanilla Forums
- bbPress – possible using Wishlist bbPress protection plugin
Wishlist integrates with SimplePress, Vanilla forums and bbPress (using the above plugin). You can read more about the forums that integrate with Wishlist in our Wishlist Member Tips Series – Tip #18: Which Forums Integrate with Wishlist Member? (you need to be logged-in to the site to read the tip).
MagicMembers integrate with the following forums:
- Mingle Forum
Wishlist Member is a paid membership plugin that is offered as a single license ($97) and unlimited licenses ($297), both include support and access to documentation and video tutorials.
You can also get access to premium content, the members’ forum, bonus materials, mini courses and more by registering to Wishlist’s online community – Wishlist Insider at $20 / month.
MagicMembers is also a paid membership plugin that includes 3 different licenses: Single license ($97/ ot), 3 licenses ($197/ ot) and unlimited licenses ($207/ ot).
The MagicMembers developers are also the ones behind MagicAffiliate affiliate platform, so when purchasing the s licenses / unlimited licenses plans you also get 20% off for MagicAffiliate.
The Bottom Line
Both plugins offer a large variety of features and settings, the bottom line is that the best way to choose a membership plugin is to first make sure the plugin supports all the features and settings you need in order to build your membership site.
MagicMembers offers a live demo website, and though Wishlist does not have a live demo, both plugins offer 30-day money back guarantee, so you can check them out and see which suits your needs best.
- Wishlist Member vs. Digital Access Pass
- Wishlist Member vs. Restrict Content Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberPress
- Wishlist Member vs. Paid Memberships Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberMouse
- Wishlist Member vs. s2Member
- Wishlist Member vs. WP-Member
- Popular Membership Plugins Comparison
- Wishlist Member Version 2.9 Review (Latest Version)
- Wishlist Member Official Site
- MagicMembers Official Site