Using WooCommerce you can sell variable products.
A variable product is a product that allows you to sell different variations of the same product, for example:
Your variable product is: A photo album
Your product variations are: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 photos in the album
After defining your variable and product variations within your WooCommerce store, the customer can choose the relevant variation from the drop-down list and purchase it.
WooCommerce Variable Product Settings
Setting up a new variable product is simple and requires 3 steps:
- To set a WooCommerce variable product click on Products in WordPress menu » Add Product
- Scroll down to the Product Data Meta Box » Choose Variable Product
- Click on the Variations tab » Setup your product variations
You can get more information on how to setup a variable product here:
Here is a screenshot of how to setup a variable product:
Integrating WooCommerce Variable Products with Wishlist Member
Integrating WooCommerce variable products with Wishlist Member will allow you to sell memberships to customers who purchase specific variations.
You can choose to sell memberships to few / all product variations and you can even sell a different membership for every variation.
If we take the above example of selling a photo album with 5 different variations (different amount of photos), here is an example of how you can sell memberships:
The variable product is: your photo album
The variations are: albums with 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 photos
You can decide to give a bonus to customers who purchase only the following variations:
Buy album with 80 photos » Get access to the Premium membership
Buy album with 100 photos » Get access to the VIP membership
How can I integrate WooCommerce Variable Products with Wishlist Member?
The integration is simple and can be done using a 3rd-party plugin:
Using Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus and the Variable Products Add-On you will be able to:
- Sell unlimited membership levels and / or pay-per-post content in one cart
- Sell multiple types of products, including WooCommerce products (physical / downloadable / software etc. and also membership levels and pay-per-posts in one cart
- Enjoy all the benefits of the WooCommerce platform including: a lot more payment gateways integration, hundreds of WooCommerce extensions, better statistic information and more…
- Sell different membership levels and / or pay-per-posts for different variations within WooCommerce Variable Products
How can I setup the integration for the Variable Product and Wishlist Member?
The integration setup screen is simple and easy to define:
Inside the Product Data Meta Box » Open the settings of your chosen variation » Scroll down to the Wishlist Member – Local Levels settings as seen in the below screenshot: