Wishlist Member vs. WP-Member – Full Comparison
March 25, 2015 7 Comments
In this post we give you a full comparison between Wishlist Member and WP-Member to help you determine which plugin is the best for you.
You can also navigate through the different options using the quick navigation links below to get to the features important to you:
Table of Contents
Core Membership Features
Both Wishlist Member and WP-Member offer the following membership features:
- Unlimited membership levels – Both free and paid memberships
- Easy members’ management interface that allows you to search for specific members, add members manually, delete members manually or in bulk, edit their registration and expiration dates etc.
- Create bundles and grant access to multiple membership levels. Wishlist Member allows creating limited and simple bundles using their sequential upgrade features, if you want to create more complex and advance bundles you can use Wishlist Bundles plugin.
- Set the subscription length for each membership level.
- Customize the redirection pages when login, after registration etc.
- Create a login form that can be placed in the sidebar using a simple widget. Wishlist Wishlist Member you can also add a registration form in the sidebar using a 3rd-party plugin called Wishlist Registration Widget
Membership features that are available in Wishlist Member only are:
- Social login – Can be achieved with a 3rd-party plugin called WLM Social
- Export members via a CSV file, you can also download a sample CSV file from within the plugin’s settings
Membership Features available in WP-Member only:
An advanced membership dashboard that utilizes Google charts and displays your membership levels, monthly sales, monthly revenues, statistics, historic sales charts and more.
Though Wishlist Member does have a membership dashboard, it is less advanced and displays your membership levels stats only and links to the other settings.
Both Wishlist Member and WP-Member allow you to have different protection settings, including:
- Total content protection that can be seen only from within the members’ area
- “Teaser” content (also: “sneak peek” content) that allows you to protect only part of the content, leaving the rest of the content visible to both visitors and the search engines crawlers. All content before the “read more” tag will be available to everyone and all content below the “read more” tag will be closed for members’ only and when visitors try to access the protected content, they will be redirected to an error page.
- Unlimited membership levels (free and paid)
- Drip feed content, so instead of allowing members to have immediate access to all the content right when they register, the content will be scheduled for future dripping and will be delivered to them automatically, for example: every x number of days. Content dripping is built-in within WP-Member, however, with Wishlist Member you will need to use a plugin called Wishlist Content Scheduler plugin (paid). More advanced options to manage your content such as archiving it after X number of days etc. can be done with Wishlist Content Archiver and Wishlist Content Control.
Protection settings available in Wishlist Member only:
Secured RSS feed that allows members to consume content straight from their favorite RSS reader. This feature can be easily achieved using a spacial API key each member needs to use to generate a unique RSS feed URL. Also, if a member cancels his subscription, he will no longer have access to the content.
Pay-per-post to allow members to purchase posts individually. If you are going to use this feature we recommend using Wishlist Pay Per Post Shortcodes plugin to enhance the pay-per-post feature and add more advanced options.
Protection settings available in WP-Member only:
Digital downloads protection – This feature allows you to easily create a downloadable product, you can create custom digital downloads buttons.
Shopping Carts Integration
Wishlist Member plugin offers integrations with the following shopping carts:
- PayPal Standard
- PayPal Pro
- Premium Web Cart
- Pin Payments
- Red Oak Cart
- Sam Cart
- Ultra Cart
Another important feature you can achieve with Wishlist Member is allowing automatic registration using a 3rd-party plugin developed by our company HappyPlugins called Wishlist Auto Registration.
WP-Member offers integrations with the following shopping carts:
- PayPal Standard
- PayPal Express Chekout
Wishlist Member is fully integrated with the following autoresponder services, including:
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
- Inspire Email Marketer
- AutoResponse Plus
- Active Campaign
WP-Member is fully integrated with:
Get More comparison table of Wishlist Member and WP-Member including affiliate platforms integration, forums integration and more at DiscoverWP.co
Wishlist Member is a paid membership plugin that is offered as a single license ($97) and unlimited licenses ($297), both include support and access to documentation and video tutorials.
You can also get access to premium content, the members’ forum, bonus materials, mini courses and more by registering to Wishlist’s online community – Wishlist Insider at $20 / month.
WP-Member offers 3 plans: Single site ($47), Unlimited ($147) and Multi Site ($97). In all plans you get full support and updates.
- Wishlist Member vs. Digital Access Pass
- Wishlist Member vs. Restrict Content Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MagicMembers
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberPress
- Wishlist Member vs. Paid Memberships Pro
- Wishlist Member vs. MemberMouse
- Wishlist Member vs. s2Member
- Popular Membership Plugins Comparison
- Wishlist Member Version 2.9 Review (Latest Version)
- Wishlist Member Official Site
- WP-Member Official Site